1969 Chevrolet Chevelle COPO 427 Frost Green Limited Edition 1/18
- Brand new 1:18 scale diecast car model of 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle COPO 427 Frost Green Limited Edition to 1002pc die cast model car by Autoworld.
- Brand new box.
- Rubber tires.
- Has steerable wheels.
- Made of diecast metal.
- Detailed interior, exterior.
- Has opening hood, doors and trunk.
- Dimensions approximately L-10, W-4.5, H-3.25 inches.
- In 1969 Chevrolet gave the mid-sized Chevelle a mild facelift and made the top advertised performance option the SS396 with the 375 hp L78. Savvy dealers learned of a loophole allowing the tire-melting L72 427 425hp big block to be ordered for factory installation in 1969 Camaros and Chevelles. This process involved placing a Central Office Production Order or COPO. Chevrolet built 86,307 SS Chevelles, of which only 323 were 427 equipped COPOs. With no external engine size badging or SS body emblems, a typical COPO had very little externally to identify its powerful underpinnings. Options included a D96 upper body stripe and many came with the code YA 7 inch Super Sport wheels with SS center caps and F70 x 14 raised white letter tires. 427 Chevelles were tough and quick, capable of mid-13 second quarter mile runs in stock trim. Auto World is offering a detailed replica of one of these rare COPO Chevelles. Painted factory Frost Green over a green interior, this 4 speed beast would be a capable challenger for any factory competition.